Inspired by the Fonterra sponsored ‘Proud to be a Chef’, this program is designed for dairy farm employees who want to expand their career in dairy and who are keen to learn the options that exist.
For farm owners and operators it is an opportunity to invest in the development of crucial staff to ensure their ongoing commitment to your business as well as the industry.
The goal of this program is to give dairy farm staff the opportunity to appreciate all that the Dairy industry has to offer, and to encourage those already in the industry to make it their long term career.
Who is the right person to benefit from this program?
- been working in dairy for at least a year, but not yet made any investment into dairy
- made a commitment to dairy see it as the career for you?
- benefit from seeing the pathways available and benefits of a career in dairy?
- commenced or completed a Cert 3 or 4 (or are seriously looking at doing so soon)?
- have a great attitude about dairy, and want to meet other like-minded people.
We will aim to cover a broad range of relevant topics.
We will have a number of guest speakers and relevant industry experts talk to the group, throughout each day of the program.
It is also expected that participants will actively contribute their own thoughts and experiences throughout the program.
Program contents includes:
- Farm visits – meeting with people who have progressed though on farm roles and different ownership/management structures.
- Mentoring – explore what the importance of mentors on farm is, and how to go about finding one.
- Business and Investment structures – a session with an industry expert.
- Healthy Minds – exploring the importance of mental health with an entertaining powerful session.
- Stepping stones – what are the options with in dairy progression and how do I go about it
- Industry Structure – looking into the industry structure from processing plants to industry representation bodies.