FASC will again be sponsoring a Nuffield Scholarship in 2023/24. This is the 4th year that we have supported this program.
Whilst FASC does have a Fonterra farmer focus, we also support the wider Dairy Industry, most notably through our ‘Proud To Be A Dairy Farmer Program’ and this Nuffield Scholarship – both of which are open to all.
Whilst your milk processor does not need to be Fonterra, for our Nuffield scholarship, we do however restrict our support to those on Victorian or Tasmanian farms.
More information is available on the Nuffield website.
Some of the suggested dairy specific research topics we have proposed for the current scholarship include the following (though you can still come up with your own!):
- Dairy antibiotics, sustainable use
- Traceability and new dairy safety innovations
- Lifting dairy farmer engagement in the industry
- Carbon farming and dairy – eg how can it work on a dairy farm?
- Value streams for non-replacement calves – ie pros and cons of the current changes in approach to non-replacement calves
- Is there a future for the family dairy farm?
- What is the future for pasture based dairy farming?
- Anti-microbials in a dairy cow’s diet (eg in ruminative feeds)