FASC’s structure includes an elected Board of Directors (“Executive”) comprising five supplier directors and up to one independent director. FASC also has twelve “Councillors” – three from each dairy region.
FASC’s overarching role is to represent the interests and views of all Fonterra suppliers in Victoria and Tasmania with a collective independent voice back to Fonterra.
Benefits to suppliers:
- Farmers working collectively for farmers.
- Strong and active representation of supplier’s interests with Fonterra.
What we do:
- Run the Proud to be a Dairy Farmer program (note that this is open to all – your farm does not need to supply Fonterra).
- Negotiate with Fonterra Australia, on behalf of our suppliers, on conditions of milk supply.
- Develop the next generation of dairy industry leaders through the sponsorship of several leading dairy / agriculture training programs.
- Oversee the operation of the FASC processes for direct farmer feedback to the FASC Executive and Fonterra.
- Represent supplier’s interests with Fonterra Australia and work with Fonterra to develop initiatives to support farmers.
- Actively participate in supplier meetings, field days, industry conferences, industry forums.
Our relationship with Fonterra Australia:
FASC have a formal written ongoing operational agreement with Fonterra Australia.